- Project duration: 01.10.2018 – 31.07.2020
- Project Title: VET4ALL – Professional Development of VET Tutors and Trainers to enhance Social Inclusion in Work-based Learning
- Project Number: 2018-1-BG01-KA202-047863
- Project Funded under the ERASMUS+ KA2 Strategic Partnerships for VET
Background and Objectives
The promotion of inclusive education and lifelong learning for learners with disabilities is one of the priority areas set up by the European Disability Strategy 2010-2020. Moreover, in the Bruges Communiqué the European Commission suggests to increase the possibilities for disadvantaged learners in VET by offering alternative pathways, innovative VET training formats, more Work-Based Learning (WBL) in the main forms present at EU level. Further, The European Agency for the Development of Special Needs Education has published a study on the competences of an inclusive teaching in 2012, where 4 main competences are requested: valuing learner diversity; supporting all learners; working with others and continuing professional development. These are competences required and which are by far not reflected in the VET training programmes. Students with special needs/disabilities need, therefore, to have a personal plan of study which includes WBL experience and tailored on them and the enterprises, on the other hand, need to be trained to support the envisaged target group.
VET4ALL represents a reply to the above mentioned problems as it aims to reach the following objectives:
- Train teachers and staff working with the target group to make WBL or internship experience more fruitful and aimed to future job insertion even in an European context.
- Develop flexible pathways which connect the VET formal school curriculum to WBL for students with disabilities/special needs.
- Foster the implementation of ECVET principles and tools and develop an innovative approach to Mobility in order to facilitate the access for students with disabilities/special needs.
- Support enterprise mentors and staff during the WBL/internship experience of students with disabilities/special needs.
- VET Tutors and Company Mentors (DIRECT/MAIN TARGETS)
- Learners with disabilities/special needs who need to be integrated in WBL paths and enter the labour market
- Regional authorities, which promote the development of education and training and their integration in actions of local and regional development
- VET Schools
- VET Training Centres
- Social Parties /Chambers of Commerce
The main project expected results are:
O1 – VET4ALL Didactical Guidelines for Training VET Staff working with students with disabilities/special needs
It is a compact presentation of how didactical process should be organised and implemented when dealing with students with disabilities/special needs; how to support them during the WBL/internship experience even at EU level in Mobility programmes.
O2 – VET4ALL Training Curriculum for Training VET Staff working with students with disabilities/special needs
It will include a theoretical part and the supply of concrete competences to the target group when dealing with students with disabilities/special needs. It will be an exhaustive training model elaborated at EU level in order to have a much more exhaustive approach to the WBL thematic and increase the participation of students with disabilities/special needs to Mobility projects.
O3 – VET4ALL In-Company Mentors Vademecum
The main aim is to have a very practical tool to be distributed to Mentors in order to support students with disabilities/special needs during their WBL experience.
O4 – VET4ALL Mobility Vademecum for Accompanying Persons of students with special needs
The main aim is to support the accompanying persons, usually teachers not expert in disabilities, and even the EU Enterprises during the mobility and how to implement and develop Learning Outcomes acquired in a EU context and how to evaluate the students.
These Intellectual Outputs will be connected with Multiplier Events, in order to reach the widest range of target groups and stakeholders possible. In addition to these 4 core intellectual outputs VET4ALL will develop a number of further outputs necessary to achieve the set objectives: website and Dissemination materials; Dissemination Strategy; Quality Management Handbook; Learning/Training Teaching Activities.
VET4ALL is supposed to achieve an extended impact on:
- Direct participants in the project: the project will provide concrete competences for the targets on how to deal with students with disabilities/special needs during WBL experiences; how to evaluate students during their in-company training; how to foster company motivation to deal with WBL paths for the envisaged target group.
- Partner Organisations: with the project all partner Organisations will receive an innovative approach for planning and managing flexible WBL experiences both at NA and EU level for the envisaged target with disabilities/special needs.
Web site: http://vet4all.org/